Online shopping allows consumers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet using a web browser or mobile apps. Online shopping also known as E-Commerce (electronic commerce) is growing in India everyday with fast speed. There are many online shopping sites and portals available for buying everything in India. You can buy clothing, electronics, furniture, mobile, appliances, books etc. easily online now.
Why Online Shopping is Better than Traditional Shopping
There are many reasons why online shopping is growing in India. These reasons are as below.
1. Nobody wants to stuck in road jams.
2. Nobody likes to stand in long checkout queues in stores.
3. Why pay MRP at stores while you can enjoy great discounts, promotions and coupons in online shopping.
4. It saves lots of money and time as compare to shopping in stores.
5. Buyer has freedom to compare wide ranges of products available on various online shopping websites.
6. Cash on delivery, easy returns and great customer service available nowdays on online shopping sites.
Features of Good Online Shopping Sites
1. Wide Range of Products and Catalogues
2. Competitive Prices for Branded or Known Products
3. Fast and Free Delivery of Products
4. Various Payment Menthods including Cash on Delivery
5. Easy Return Policy
6. Great Customer Service
7. Customer and Great user experience on shopping website or mobile app
8. Discounts and Promotions/Loyalty Programs etc.
9. Secret Herbs (Depends on Creative Marketing Skills of Online Shopping Site)
Create your own shopping websites easily with Premium and Free eCommerce WordPress themes
All In One Online Shopping Sites and Portals
1. Flipkart.com – Flipkart is India’s No. 1 shopping site.There is huge range of products available online as compare to any store. Buyers trust it and prefer to buy products from flipkart. It has speedy delivery, good customer service and all major features which an onine shopping site should have.
2. Amazon.in – We all know Amazon.com. Amazon.in is new to India and growing at very fast speed. Flipkart has aquired many leading sites like Jabong.com, myntra.com. There is big competition between amazon.in and Flipkart.com
3. Snapdeal.com – Snapdeal.com is another big name in online shopping.Buyers can buy various products on snapdeal.com.
4. PayTM.com – PayTM has started it’s online journey with recharge system. It has been growing rapidly with its unique ideas. Buyers can enjoy cashbacks, lots or promotional offers at PayTM.com
5. ebay.in – Ebay.in is also a big name in online shopping in India. It is very famous in united states, but it couldn’t get that much success in India.
Here is the rest list of online shopping websites which have a low market share in India’s online shopping.
Find a lits of industry specific and niche online shopping websites in India.
Clothing and Apparel Shopping Sites
Shopping Online for Kids
Online Grocery Shopping
Lens, Sunglasses and Specs