On page optimization is most important part of SEO. In order to provide you insights of on page SEO I am writing this post. These on page SEO tips are easy to understand and implement. SEO is kind of vital marketing now days. 3-4 years before people were saying that SEO is not a rocket science anyone can do SEO. But let me tel you very frankly SEO is really a rocket science now days. It is an art for those who really understands it deeply. Checkout some real SEO gurus, their work and blogs. You will definitely feel inside the deep roots of internet media.
60% of ranking factors are based on page SEO implementations. There are many on page factors that affect ranking but here I am listing top 10 of them.
1. Domain name – Domain name is one of the most imporatant factor of on page SEO. Domains related to business model and theme of the website is very important. For example if you have travel website of florida then its name should have words related to florida travel and tourism.
2. Title Tag – Title tag is another very important factor of on Page SEO. Title tag is main thing which a search engine look the page. Because title tag defines main topic of your website. Title tag must contain target keywords. But remember do not stuff title tag with many keywords and make it limited to 70 to 80 characters.
3. URLs – URL of the page should be in user readable form. Use URL rewriting methods for dynamic generated URLs for example www.domain.com/?p=10. Some of the search engines still face problems with dynamic URLs.
4. Heading Tags (H1, H2, H3 and so on). – Use appropriate headings as per the content form. You content main headaing should be in H1 rest headings should be classified as per the content and topics.
5. Content – Remember “Content is the King”. Content is backbone of on page SEO. if your content is not good enough and you have implemented other on page SEO things. there is very few chances that your site would rank higher. Your content should be unique, informative and enough on the page. Remember write content for Users not for search engines. Your content should have relevant keywords but do not stuff content with many keywords. Be unique and natural in your content.
6. Alt Tags – When your webpage contains images then you should use proper alt tags for images. Because search engines can not recognise images, it only reads alt tags for images.
7. Text Links and Title Attribute – Use text links on webpages. Because search engines do not give enough weight to image and flash links. Use title attribute in case if you are using image links, flash links or undefined text links for example “click here” or “read more”.
8. XML sitemaps – Use xml sitemap file to submit your website and pages in search engines. It is the best way to make your website indexed fast in search engines. The list of all pages, posts should be included in sitemap with priority and last modified date.
10. Keyword Density – Check keyword density in your webpage content. If there is not enough keywords in the content make proper use of keywords but remember do not irritate users by using keywords multiple times unnecessarily.